Jesus Christ is my Light: On and Off Stage.
On September 13, 2004 Jesus Christ saved me and healed me in my Los Angeles home. After living my own life for 32 years I realized that the pleasures of this world are killing me. I was empty inside and I knew something had to change.
That Monday morning I read on the internet about Jesus Christ; a website had scriptures listed about what Jesus said about himself while on earth, what the prophets said about him years before he was born, and what God the father says about him. I read and I believed; at this point I knew that no pleasure this world has to offer would fulfill me, I knew that neither I nor anybody else could fill my void. I knew that if I wanted change, I had to give up my way and had to surrender to God’s way.
Jesus said: I am the only way to God, no one can come to the Father except through me. So I cried out to this Jesus, I asked him to please forgive my sins and please take over my life and lead me in his way.
As soon as I was done praying, it was like a hand grabbing all the pain that was stuck in my chest and taking it away. And suddenly I felt this tremendous peace. Just peace. And I got up from the floor, laid on my bed and thought: wow! This is real! This peace is awesome! …and Jesus is alive today because he just performed a miracle within me! And from there my new life started.
I started reading the bible, because I wanted to learn more about this Jesus and his Father who just took away my pain and gave me this awesome peace. So I read the bible, for two months straight, out of my bedroom, on my own. Daily for hours. I was so hungry for Gods word. God speaks through the bible today. He also speaks through dreams and visions but very often specifically through his word. It’s amazing to this day. Of course I was still me, but Jesus who now lived in me (and still does live in me!) started to change me.
I was so impressed with Jesus, the way he lived his life on earth, his values and his loving way… that actually was what I was looking for but didn’t find here on this earth.
Living my life with God and according to his will is the only thing that makes sense for me, today and forevermore.
Without Jesus we are doomed for hell. All of us. But our loving God in heaven has sent mankind a savior: his son Jesus Christ. He came to reconcile us with God, only trough his blood we are holy before God. God gave us an option:
In this earthly live we are all born as sinners, by default ruled by the devil who came to destroy and kill us. God had compassion on us and sent his son to save us from the devil. God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 All we have to do is receive our Savior, Jesus Christ.
The relationship with God is a love relationship. It is based on free will and faith. If we believe what God says in his word (the bible) and act according to it, God will reward us.
I love Jesus, my personal savior, the son of God, the maker of heaven and earth, who gave his life for us, so that we can be born again. You can have a relationship with the living God today and receive eternal life. It all starts with your decision. I like to encourage you to make this first step, and find out for yourself how wonderful God is.
Jesus Christ healed me of depression, insomnia, anger, impatience, hot temper, sadness, unhealthy relationships and addictions. He filled my heart with joy, peace, love and faith. I love you Jesus and I praise you!
If you want to accept Gods gift for you and inherit eternal life, you can pray this with your heart:
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.
With my heart I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that you raised him from the dead. I am now willing to turn from my sin.
This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved. I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul.
Thank you Jesus for saving me. Lord Jesus transform me so that I may bring glory and honor to you.
Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
1. Congratulations! You just made the most important decision in your life. You now are a child of God and you have access to God through Jesus.
2. Share your testimony. Share with people what Jesus did for you.
3. Pray daily. Go buy yourself a nice bible or pick one up for free and start reading it. Before you read it ask Jesus to guide you so that you understand what you read.
4. Grow as a Christian: apply to your daily life whatever God is teaching you. Invite the holy spirit, our helper, to help you learn more about God and Jesus.
5. Find a church that is bible based or make Christian friends and meet with them regularly. Reading your bible is really most important because it teaches you to distinguish if a preacher preaches his ideas or the word of God.
6. Water babtizm.
7. Babtizm of the Holy Spirit. After you are babtized with the Holy Spirit you will receive power to go out and make disciples of all nations, babtizing them in the name of Jesus. And those are the signs of those that believe: in the name of Jesus they will cast out demons, lay hands on the sick and they will heal….
8. Keep on walking that narrow path in faith. God is faithful even if we are not. It’s important to take time for God, which is a beautiful time, cause as we draw close to him, he draws close to us.
9. Repent of your sins, if you sin. And get back on that straight path. God wants our obedience.
10. Jesus has you in his hands. He says, come to me all you who are weary and I will give you rest. So relax in God and trust in him.
11. There’s also a devil who tries to kill, steal and destroy: if he attacks you (he will) send him away in the name of Jesus and he will flee from you.
12. With Jesus you have the victory.
If you’ve never had a true and personal relationship with Jesus Christ you can right now by clicking here.
Not quite ready to start your relationship with Christ? Click here to ask us any questions you may have.
Would you like us to contact the author of this story for you? Click here to let us know and we will see if they are available.